How do I move folders in Windows Live Mail

I just had to reload Windows 7 and all of my programs.

During this process I had to import my Windows Live Mail folders which I had prviously saved.  But they now show up under Imperted Folders and not in my default account folder. How can I move the old folder structure and  Emails stored there into my new Default Account Folder structure?

Thanks

Rudi

Question Info

Last updated October 6, 2018 Views 5,758 Applies to:
Answer
You can move folders around within storage folders or within an account, but you cant move them out of storage folders or an account. To get back to your previous folder arrangement, you'll have to create the folders you need under the account, then move messages from storage folders to the account folders. You can select all the messages in a folder by using Ctrl-A, then right-click and Move to folder.

If there are a lot of messages involved, it's best to do this sort of exercise while working offline to avoid interference. You might also want to consider disconnecting from the network and disabling your anti-virus meanwhile, too, for the same reason. Allow WLMail to settle down after each move before starting the next, so that the database has chance to keep up. When you're finished and all's quiet, close down WLMail and wait a few minutes before re-booting the computer and re-enabling your AV. Then launch WLMail and check whether everything's in order.

Noel Burgess | Certified Pedant | Claims to know a bit about Windows Live Mail

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer

Hi Buddy,

We apologize for the delay in our response. Based on your post, I understand that you are having problems regarding moving emails to an IMAP account, and the contact categories are not included when exporting to CSV.

First, we would like to know what is the exact error message when you are trying to move the folders on your IMAP account. Can you also verify if this happens on any folders?

As for the exporting your contacts, the Contact Categories cannot be exported to CSV file and this is by design.

Please post back so we can further help you.

Thank you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.