I am suddenly not receiving emails from some senders with whom I am in very frequent contact. They are in my contacts list. Their messages are not in the junk folder. I have not made any changes to my settings. I know they are sending the emails but
I'm not receiving them. They are not getting non-delivery notices. Is anyone else having this problem now? What could be causing this and can I fix it?
This thread is locked. You can follow the question or vote as helpful, but you cannot reply to this thread.
The best way to make sure that someone gets in your inbox is to add them to your contact list. Find a message from the sender’s email address and open it. In the message header, you’ll see a link to Add to contacts beside the sender’s name. All you
have to do is click that link and the email address will be in your contact list.
Check your Junk folder
1. Sign in to Hotmail .
2. Click on Junk on the left pane.
3. Check to see if the missing mail is in this folder.
4. If you see any messages that should have been delivered to the Inbox , click the box on the left of each message to put a check mark and then click the
Not Junk button.
Check your Blocked sender list
1. From the Hotmail Options screen under Preventing junk email, click
Safe and blocked senders.
2. Click Blocked senders.
3. In the Blocked senders list, select the name or domain (the part of an e-mail address that follows the @ sign, such as hotmail.com) that you now want to receive mail from, and then click
<< Remove from list.
Add the email address to your Safe senders list
1. From the Hotmail Options screens under Preventing junk email, click
Safe and blocked senders.
2. Click Safe Senders.
3. In the text box, type in the email address or domain you’d like to always receive email from, and then click
Add to list >>.
Check your Email Rules
1. From the Hotmail Options screens under Customizing Hotmail, click
Rules for sorting new messages.
2. Perform one of the actions as per your requirement:
Click Edit next to the rule that you want to edit.
Choose the rule that you want to delete and click Delete.
Note: Not all international characters are supported as filters.
Check your Junk Mail Settings
1. In the upper-right corner of the page, click Options, and then click More options.
2. Under Preventing junk email, click Filters and reporting.
3. Under Choose a junk e-mail filter, choose the level of protection that you want, and then click Save. If the Exclusive level was set, messages from senders not on your Contacts or Safe senders lists will have been sent to the Junk e-mail folder.
4. Click on Options in the upper left to go back to the Hotmail Options screen.
Check your Reply-to address
1. From the Hotmail Options screens under Writing email, click
2. Select Current e-mail address radio button.
3. Click Save.
Did this solve your problem?
Sorry this didn't help.
Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.
How satisfied are you with this reply?
Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.