Windows Live Photo Gallery

Hi, I have photos saved in my laptop through windows live gallery.

i also see in the top right of the screen it says “log in”

Does that mean that all the photos I have currently are not tied to my log in? 

if not, how can I save all my photos to my log in?  

Please state your intention more clearly.

If you have pictures stored on your computer, you can view them using Windows Live Photo Gallery (WLPG). But you can instead install many other, better, programs with which to view them, such as IrfanView.

There are very many image viewer programs which are easier to use, because they have less confusing interfaces.

If you click on a picture in WLPG, a line will display giving a file location beginning with C:\ which is a location/address that means the picture file in question is stored on local partition C: (a part of your computer).

You don't need to sign in (sometimes called "log in"). You can use Windows Live Photo Gallery without signing in. It works perfectly well if you don't.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Sorry for the lack of clarity on my end.

Okay so, I would connect my iphone to my laptop and download all photos into the windows live gallery program or app (whichever is the right term for it). Any time I would open the windows live gallery program, I can view all my pictures.

Then I discovered on top of the screen it said “sign in”

I never made a sign in but I was still able to use windows live gallery to store my photos.

I then created a Log in. 

But my worry is - since I never created a log in when I began using the program - that my photos previously saved would not be linked to my log in name.

im getting a new laptop so I want to make sure all the photos I saved before creating a log in - would now be linked to my log in name.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I don't own an iphone, so can't test out any potential solutions for you.

But I'm confident that if you were not logged-in, your photos will have been downloaded from your cell phone into your computer (only). No way will those photos be currently stored in your cloud storage account, because you weren't logged-in to it at that time.

The only sure way to transfer the photos now is to connect your computer to an external storage device (e.g. a USB thumbdrive), and copy the photos to it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated November 30, 2023 Views 761 Applies to: