windows live mail Calendar contains corrupt data error 0x8E5E0247

Question Summary
I can't open Windows Live Mail
Please provide your impacted Email address :
*** Email address is removed for privacy ***
Which version of Windows Live Mail are you using ?
Version 2011 (15.4.3538.513)
Choose your Operating System version :
Windows 7
How long have you not been able to Sign in ?
More than a day
Enter the exact error that you are experiencing :
0x8E5E0247

Additional Details
one day stopped loading the the windows live mail and gives error 0x8E5E0247. I reinstalled, cleaned regedit, deleted all folders, at least 7 times. tried hoocks and loops advised on the internet and nothing works.

Hi awd1234,

Please rename your Calendar folder using the steps below:

1. Close WL Mail, and any other WL programs
2. Click Start (then Run for Windows XP), paste the following path and press Enter
    %Localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail\Calendars
3. Rename the folder of the account you use to sign in to Windows Live Mail to sync your calendar (ex. rename *** Email address is removed for privacy *** to *** Email address is removed for privacy ***).
4. Restart your computer for changes to take effect.
5. Launch WL Mail again

Thanks,

Windows Live Chester A.
Rate this moderator

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

This problem wasted 2 weeks of our life.  So I hope this helps.

The error for Live Mail started when I upgraded ASUS Win7 laptop HDD from 640GB SATA2 to 1TB SATA3.

Tried to fix it by going through all steps found in different forums (eg. rename or deleting 'Calender' folder etc.), nothing helped except this:

1.  Power up, press <F2> for BIOS settings

1.  My BIOS setting for SATA was AHCI by default

2.  I changed it to IDE, save and exit

Windows then find all the IDE drivers again.  After that, Live Mail ver 2009 works straight away, with no more error 0x8E5E0247.  (You might want to try an upgrade to a new BIOS version for your specific laptop model if above does not work for you - from your laptop manufacturer website)

Good luck.

Peter and Mike - Sydney, Australia

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Brilliant! As soon as the clock turned over to 2016 my usually reliable Windows Live Mail 2012 crashed. It then kept crashing within a few seconds of restarting. Today I applied a Windows patch that was supposed to fix a problem that was forecast to occur with Live Mail from 2016. That appeared to stop the program crashing. It did seem as if the crash occurred as soon as Mail tried to access my Windows Live account - presumably to update the Calendar.

I managed to remove the Windows Live account in the few seconds that Mail ran after loading, but it still kept crashing. I could see it was still trying to do something with the Calendar.

I followed your advice and renamed the file. Mail now seems stable. I was even able to open the Calendar and add an appointment.

So thank you for this tip. It has saved my sanity! I never got the numbered error msg shown above. I just got notified that Windows Live Mail had experienced a problem, Windows is searching for a solution, etc., before the program shut down.

I don't understand why renaming the folder should fix things though.

Bob

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 3, 2023 Views 4,792 Applies to: