Why can't I login to youtube through windows movie maker

I have been trying to use Movie maker to upload my movie and it want let me sign into youtube. It says wrong username and password and I am using the correct one. Can you tell how to fix this???

I have movie maker

Windows 7

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community Forum. We would like to know more about your issue not being able to sign into YouTube within Movie Maker by answering the questions below:

• Can you sign into YouTube directly?
  • Can you sign in to Youtube on Movie Maker using another Google account? (To check this, I would suggest that you create a test account)
  • Can you try changing your Google account password?
  • Please verify if 2 step verification is enabled for your Google account. You can check the settings by signing in here

We'll await for your response.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I believe YouTube is changing their account login to require you to use your email address rather than user name.  The following details are from YouTube's support pages.

Can't sign in with YouTube username

We no longer support signing into your account with your YouTube username—but you can still access your account:

Enter your email address instead of your YouTube username. Your account has an associated email address. If you're not sure what it is, see below.
Your password still works. Your password hasn't changed—it's still the same password you've been using to sign into YouTube.
You're still signing into the same account as always—you just need to enter the email address on the account instead of your YouTube username.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes i can sign into my utube channel, i already tried using my email and user name but both of them can't make me sign into youtube within movie maker! I dont know how to fix it

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there I am in the same boat and just got a new laptop and cant get youtube and movie maker to work with logging in issues.. I have tried liveupload and using username and emails.. No luck so far, any help greatly apprecitiated

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 27, 2022 Views 2,118 Applies to: