Live Mail 2012 Login Problem

Server error: 0x800CCC90 message...

Live Mail 2012 can not login under my secondary email id. Can anyone help?

The error message gives clues to what's wrong, so please generate it again and this time click on it to select it. You can then use right-click to copy it and paste it into your reply here. We can't tell what the problem is without seeing the entire error message. When you reply, please give your version of Windows.
Noel Burgess MVP (Ret'd)

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Livemail 20112 rejects my login (user name & password correct) as follows:

WEBALERT https://accounts.google.com/signin/continue?sarp=1&scc=1&plt=AKgnsbuqjFGGgR9GjCRQtawI9t3H_ExC4HO3xM5j8rOlUZgicRQLLVLwgxKLYEYos5ZnBFmvNbaBkbtTHyyENhPlL3ZvfMKChX1H-zX0R2CyYvSMe_ymoTwgYyjnDC9KPTL5-R2veVNEaRcx6FYkK18ne4zEM3dDutEVUbomTHXLSYYe4uETS2SYRmQzQYOb_mI8JTwIxOw3tJoJr9Z0bWU4Fgq6GzI9atQB4Q2-VWIZmvMYZgb_aNY] Web login required.

Configuration:
   Account: Gmail (diceypapa)
   Server: imap.gmail.com
   User name: *********@*****.***
   Protocol: IMAP
   Port: 993
   Secure(SSL): 1
   Code: 800cccd1

***Personal information deleted by the moderator. Please see the Microsoft Community Frequently Asked Questions for more information on how you can protect your privacy.***

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry I forgot. I have Windows 10 Home edition with all current automated updates..

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Livemail 20112 rejects my login ...

It's not the program that's rejecting your login. It's the mail server you're trying to connect to ...

https://accounts.google.com/signin/continue?sarp=1&scc=1&plt=AKgnsbuqjFGGgR9GjCRQtawI9t3H_ExC4HO3xM5j8rOlUZgicRQLLVLwgxKLYEYos5ZnBFmvNbaBkbtTHyyENhPlL3ZvfMKChX1H-zX0R2CyYvSMe_ymoTwgYyjnDC9KPTL5-R2veVNEaRcx6FYkK18ne4zEM3dDutEVUbomTHXLSYYe4uETS2SYRmQzQYOb_mI8JTwIxOw3tJoJr9Z0bWU4Fgq6GzI9atQB4Q2-VWIZmvMYZgb_aNY]

The idea is that you open the link given in your browser to verify your credentials. What happens when you do that?

If having jumped through this Google hoop you're still not able to access your Gmail account, work through the troubleshooting steps on this page: Read Gmail messages on other email clients using IMAP.

Noel Burgess MVP (Ret'd)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I've tried both your suggested solutions. I can sign in using the mail client provided with windows 10 and my android cell phone. My problem only occurs on Livemail 2012.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I've tried both your suggested solutions.

Both? The article I referred to gave several remedies:

1. Update your email client to the latest version.
  2. Use an App Password: If you use 2-Step Verification, try signing in with an App Password.
  3. Allow less secure apps: If you don't use 2-Step Verification, you might need toallow less secure apps to access your account.
  4. If you recently changed your Gmail password, you might need to re-enter your Gmail account information or completely repeat your Gmail account setup on your other email client.
  5. If the tips above didn't help, visit https://www.google.com/accounts/DisplayUnlockCaptcha and follow the steps on the page.

Of these, no. 3 is the one you're most likely to need to do in order to be able to access the account from Windows Live Mail. Did you?

Noel Burgess MVP (Ret'd)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello  I had the same problem earlier this week although I had entered the correct password on one of my B.T. email addresses in Windows Live.   I just went into B.T. and changed the password and Windows Live 'liked' the new  one!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 26, 2022 Views 1,127 Applies to: