How to change CR2 file to JPEG format?

When I uploaded photos from a memory stick to my computer, I found that they all got CR2 file format. Please tell me why. Furthermore, could you please show me how to change CR2 file format to JPEG. Since photo gallery does not support CR2 file, I can not open these photos.

Thanks,

maisie 

Answer
Answer

Hi Maisie,

To be able to open the .CR2 file format in Photo Gallery, you will need to download the lates Microsoft camera codec and install it in your computer. Here is the link on where to download this codec.

Microsoft Camera Codec Pack (16.4.1734.1104) 

After installing this codec, open the .CR2 file in Photo Gallery.

If you want to convert the .CR2 to JPEG, you will need to use the option of Photo Gallery to make a copy of that RAW picture. To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Launch Photo Gallery.

2. Double click the RAW photo and click the option Make a copy under Manage category.

3. Rename the file and change the file format as JPEG and click the Save button.

NOTE: You can only apply the steps above to your raw photos one at a time. If you want to convert the raw photos in bulk, you will need to use a third party application to do so. You may use www.bing.com or any of your preferred search engines to search for that converter.

Let us know the result afterwards.

Thank you.

245 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2024 Views 278,606 Applies to: