Hijacked Email Address and Spam

One of my accounts has been hacked causing thousands of emails being sent from/to my webmail inbox at Insightbb.com.
Not only do these populate the inbox of my secondary email provider, INSIGHTBB.COM, they are being forwarded to my new primary mail server with Time Warner Cable (TWC.COM) and since my iPhone also checks for mail on TWC.com the phone picks up all of the hacked emails as well.  What was over 1,000 error/spam messages then turns into 3,000 messages that I have to delete.

The messages are either From "Mail Delivery System" "Subject "Mail Delivery Failure" or from "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***"  Subject "Delivery Status Notification - (Failure)"

The sender appears to have gotten my insightbb.com address since the emails indicate that they are from "Davxx Kxxx (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***) - my insightbb.com address, but are being sent to or originating  from a Hotmail account.

I recently received a message from Microsoft:  "This is an e-mail message sent automatically by Microsoft Outlook while testing the settings for your account."

This email was sent to my Insightbb.com email address but was to the above "Dacxx Kxxx"

Most of the messages have a spam/false letter attachment -

Date: 24/10/13

Dear Sir or Madam,

I have a rather unusual proposition for you. It’s something that I believe would be a great deal of benefit to you with absolutely no risk.

My name is David Sek-chi Kwok and I’m the
Managing Director of Shanghai Commercial Bank (HK) Ltd. I'm contacting you for joint business venture of $36.2Mn USD, as I intend to invest in Real Estate business in your country. I'll discuss in further details and benefits the moment I hear from you.

Best regards,

Mr Daxxx S. Kxxx

I do have a Hotmail account but have no idea what it is or how to get to it.  I also have an Outlook "Live" account that I hope to start using exclusively.

How do I sort out this mess, or how do I contact Microsoft, Hotmail, etc. to attach the body of these undelivered messages for them to look at?

Please help b4 I get over a thousand more emails

Hi,

Thank you for posting. Let me help you with your concern with the security of your account.

Please refer to this form to submit a report regarding your issue with your Live account. Chose the error message that best fit your issue and a moderator will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 27, 2020 Views 418 Applies to: