Did the latest Microsoft Windows update make Movie Maker inoperable.

Did the latest Microsoft Windows update make Movie Maker inoperable. The page opens with 2 black screens and anything imported has the regular image and a mirror image on the same frame. Is it fixable?

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I have the same problem, which first occurred immediately after a recent (September, or possibly late August 2018) auto-installed update of Windows 10.  Dxdiag Display Info:

Three lines of additional device info (not seen in the screen capture above) are as follows:

Current Display Mode: 1024 x 600 (32 bit) (60 Hz)

Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor

HDR: Not Supported

Please let us know if you can help.

Best Regards,

Don

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I would start by going to the Intel website and running their "Driver Update Utility". The GMA 3100/3150 is an onboard GPU and it isn't very powerful. I'm not sure why DirectX would be messing up on that board, but your driver date is at least 5 years old, so that's a place to start. Re-run dxdiag afterwards to verify the driver is updated.

I've been trying to research the latest update to see if it includes any DirectX/GPU updates. I'm still not finding those details. I'll keep looking.

I'm pretty sure if you added a discrete GPU, the issue would go away, but that's probably not what you want for something that is caused by the update and was working before.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 15, 2020 Views 358 Applies to: