Cannot access my Gmail account in Windows Life Mail - Error code 800cccd1

Hello,

I have a gmail account for myself and one for my daughter I access via Windows Live Mail.  It works without problems.  Now I have to handle a gmail account for an association, and I would like Windows Live Mail to read and reply to email when I'm using my computer.  I tried to set this up, but repeatedly receive the following email:

WEBALERT https://accounts.google.com/ContinueSignIn?sarp=1&scc=1&plt=AKgnsbsKzpN3tC0AdE1HPOZRI9qnrSBi8mOdFndYPkKMK3aoEsJW-riakc8UGKw-UKfZpexQPYokt1-jqj4gkKmYyMFs-gGttX9dsBa7eRiNgLP90uV9KMzpf-QMyJYKH97mTrvHYVmyY5NARVnvp5lgoV4y4phBpNEGHszUOmPNUdwQCcuWYJtuaN9Q_jJIGuIYCAnX09QOs9v-vcAWKX4TXHNnxDjWTfNabWFNmBCThqrHIZjHjx0] Web login required.

Affichage :
   compte : Gmail (alafucl) (1)
   Serveur : imap.gmail.com
   Nom d'utilisateur : *** Email address is removed for privacy ***
   Protocole : IMAP
   Port : 993
   Sécurisé (SSL) : 1
   Code : 800cccd1

The server has rejected your login.  Please verify that your user name and password are correct.  

I've chechek that IMAP is enabled, the settings seem to be correct, the username and password are correct.  How can I solve the problem ?

Thanks a lot

Answer
Answer

fixing sign in error for gmail address in live mail and outlook
1. in gmail go to settings
2. click accounts and import tab
3. under change account settings click other google account settings
4. scroll down to signing in and choose access for less secure apps
5. turn on access for less secure apps you should now have solved the sign in problems with live mail and outlook

this is how I got my gmail working with windows live mail should work with outlook as well as it is the same error

if at first you don't succeed get a bigger hammer

112 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 11, 2024 Views 23,215 Applies to: