All email messages sent by myself to myself no longer appear in my Inbox. Yes,I could just keep the message that appears in my "Sent" folder

Original title: Windows Live Mail

I am with Bell Sympatico and using Windows Live Mail. Three months ago, when I sent an email to myself (often do with links I want/need to keep), these messages all of a sudden stopped being received in my Inbox. Yes, they were all there in my Sent but never was received back into my Sympatico account. I contacted the help desk at Bell....that was an experience....and after about 1 1/2 hours of trying everything on my computer, the help desk finally corrected the issue. Of course I have no idea what he did to do so. Well, three months later, SOMETHING has triggered this issue to re-appear. As of yesterday, all email messages sent by myself to myself no longer appear in my Inbox. Yes, I could just keep the message that appears in my "Sent" folder but I am **** about things like this and want emails to once again be received into my Inbox where they should be. Any ideas of how to fix this ONCE AGAIN without spending 1 1/2 hours online with Sympatico's Help Desk? Thanks, Sharron

Hello,

Welcome to Windows Live Mail support forum. Sorry to hear that your emails no longer appear on your Inbox. It is possible that your account configuration has been corrupted or not properly working. You may check the following information below:

If you are using POP account, please check if you enabled Leave a copy of messages on the server option. To check, click on mail account in Windows Live Mail> Properties > Server >Delivery.

If the settings are ‘Should not be set to delete email from the server’ then there should still be a copy of the email available on the server.

I would like you to check if these folders contain any of the deleted emails.

- In Windows Live Mail, <Email account>/Deleted Items
- In Explorer, %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail\<Email account name>\Deleted Items

For IMAP account, if you delete an email, it's gone.

If the issue still persists, contact your email provider (Bell Sympatico) since the issue was resolved by them before.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your email. I don’t use a POP account as I have my email and calendars all sync’ed with my Samsung phone and my Tablet. BTW.....my emails to myself don’t show up in any of these devises, in case you were thinking of asking. LOL  In my settings on my computer, I do have all messages set to remain on the server until deleted.

I would like you to check if these folders contain any of the deleted emails. I am not sure what you mean by the following directive.....what “deleted emails”?
I have tried sending email from my GMail account and THEY DO go into my Inbox as they should. So only emails from my Sympatico email account no longer do. I don’t wish to contact Bell as they took an hour of my time shadowing my account the last time and......once they finally were able to figure out how to fix it, after A LOT of trial and error, the same issue is back after only about 6-8 weeks. So it was not a permanent fix for sure and don’t wish to go through their “fix” every couple of months.
Thank you for your time.
Sharron

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thanks for posting back to us regarding your issue. For us to further investigate your issue, kindly provide your affected account via private message area that I created. Make sure that you are logged / signed in to this forum to see the private message.

Note: Please click on "You have a private reply to this message" link just above your post to view the message (highlighted in red) or click on the envelope icon located right beside your profile.

We look forward to receiving your response.

Thank you.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 26, 2022 Views 1,008 Applies to: