Question

Q: Windows Surface RT Windows Store coming up with "This version of Windows is no longer supported by Windows Store" message.

I recently did a complete reboot of my Surface RT as it wasn't performing correctly- Ever since when opening the app store I get a message saying "This version of Windows is no longer supported by Windows Store". I know others have had this issue and I've honestly tried everything everyone has suggested. Everything. Nothing has worked. WSReset.exe just opens up the app store with the exact same message. I really need a solution. Thanks. 

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Roxanne,

This is certainly something that we should work on. Please follow the steps below to resolve the issue:

• Go to Settings.
  • Choose Change PC Settings.
  • Select Update and recovery.
  • Click on Recovery.
  • Select Refresh your PC without affecting your files. Wait for the process to complete and check if Windows Store is now working.

Let us know if the solution provided works for you. Otherwise, we’ll be here if you need further assistance.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Roxanne,

This is certainly something that we should work on. Please follow the steps below to resolve the issue:

• Go to Settings.
  • Choose Change PC Settings.
  • Select Update and recovery.
  • Click on Recovery.
  • Select Refresh your PC without affecting your files. Wait for the process to complete and check if Windows Store is now working.

Let us know if the solution provided works for you. Otherwise, we’ll be here if you need further assistance.

This did nothing for my Windows RT. I am still receiving the same message. Any other options? Thank you.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Roxanne,

We'd like to verify if you've already installed the latest updates available for your device after performing the refresh? If not, we recommend that you install the latest updates and check if the issue persists.

We're looking forward to your response.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Roxanne,

We'd like to verify if you've already installed the latest updates available for your device after performing the refresh? If not, we recommend that you install the latest updates and check if the issue persists.

We're looking forward to your response.

Installed the updates and uninstalled KB2887595. I did a WSreset also. Didn't work for me

Sorry this didn't help.

There must be 10 threads about that problem in forums, these solutions don't work, this is clearly a recent update causing the issue.

Microsoft please fix this!

Sorry this didn't help.

1 person was helped by this reply

Hi Patricia,

This is a known bug in Windows 8.1. Our Support Engineers are currently looking into it and are doing their best to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. We'll keep you updated via this thread once a fix has been released.

Regards.

Sorry this didn't help.

2 people were helped by this reply

Hope there is a fix for this soon. 

Sorry this didn't help.

I've been having the same problem here, and have done everything possible to fix it. Many people still use the rt surface tablet so please

find a solution for this problem quickly. 

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm glad to hear that Kristoffer, thanks in advance!

Sorry this didn't help.

I've tried this for a third time now and unfortunately it still isn't working. Thanks though.

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 762 Last updated: September 2, 2017 Applies to: