Asus VivoTab RT 3G - "Sleep of Death" after Windows 8.1 RT upgrade

After upgrading to Windows 8.1 RT, my VivoTab RT (Asus TF600-TG) cannot be woken up after entering the energy saving mode.

The only way to wake it up is to press the power button for a long time.

This, however, only occurs on the VivoTab RT device with the build-in 3G UMTS modem.

My second VivoTab RT, which does not have a build-in UMTS modem, does not have this problem.

Does anybody experience a similiar Problem or has even found a solution for this?

Thanks in advance!

Answer
Answer
OK, I found a fix to this annoying bug myself.

However, I strongly feel this cannot be the problem's solution. Microsoft and/or ASUS should work on this!

What I did:
  1. Open the control panel (-> all apps).
  2. Open the device manager.
  3. In menu "View" select "devices by connection" (or such, sorry, my VivoTab's Windows RT isn't in English).
  4. There should be an entry "Mobile EHCI Host Controller" which has an "USB-Root-Hub" below it, which in turn has in "USB composite device" below it, which finally has the "TF600TG-3G+ modem device" below it. Find this USB-Root-Hub.
  5. Right-click the USB-Root-Hub and delect "properties".
  6. Select the "power management" tab.
  7. Untick the checkbox "Computer can turn off this device to save power".
  8. Press the OK Button.

Now, on entering the power saving mode, Windows RT will not turn off the internal USB-hub with the UMTS modem attached to it, and therefore no "sleep of death" will happen.

Below is a screenshot from nmy German VivoTab:
Hope this helps, cheers
StickDG

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2022 Views 14,868 Applies to: