error code 0x80090019 a prob. is preventing win from accurately checking the license for this pc. This is an authentic version

Please help me with this. I can not do anything that requires clicking start because when I put my password in, this is when I get the error mess. then windows logs me off. When I put my system installation CD-rom in, it will not bring up the installation welcome screen. PLEASE,PLEASE help me.

Question Info

Last updated August 12, 2019 Views 5,426 Applies to:
I got this message after cleaning off a TON of malware from a colleague's home PC. After booting in safe mode, MalwareBytes issued the "Keyset is not defined" error and closed. I tried running Ad-AwareAE and it stayed at the "Loading" screen for 15 minutes. Rebooted PC and now just receive the "license error" message whether in Safe Mode or Normal. Looking for a solution short of re-installing...

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Success! I had used a response to the "Keyset is not defined" solution to this problem and it worked. Basically, I booted the system in Safe Mode with Command Prompt. I seached Windows\System32 for either rsabase.dll or rsaenh.dll - I found rsaenh.dll and applied regsvr32.exe to that file, rebooted and it cleared the problem.

Exact text from the Microsoft entry is: "Use of Regsvr32.exe on CSP DLLs (Rsabase.dll or Rsaenh.dll) may fix the problem."

8 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.