When my computer tries to update ADOBE I get error 1648?

I frequently get the automated update for Adope,  My computer runs it, but then says Error 1648.   I'm not sure the number is the same, but it has done this for quite awhile.   I kept just deleting it but now Itunes upodate, now I can't burn CD's because it needs something, then I get the ADOBE issues...it's like a cycle.

Question Info

Last updated March 1, 2019 Views 2,244 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
I frequently get the automated update for Adope,  My computer runs it, but then says Error 1648.   I'm not sure the number is the same, but it has done this for quite awhile.   I kept just deleting it but now Itunes upodate, now I can't burn CD's because it needs something, then I get the ADOBE issues...it's like a cycle.
Your question indicates multiple problems and provides very little information with which to diagnose any of them.

1.  Adobe.  Presumably, you mean free Adobe Reader.  Probably the easiest way to deal with Adobe Reader problems is to uninstall it from Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs.  You can then download and install one of the following 3 choices:

Adobe Reader X (10.0.1) introduced "Protected Mode" which is supposed to be more secure but has given some people problems.  This is why you might want to use ver. 9.4.  On the other hand, many posters in these forums recommend FoxIt Reader as a much less resource-intensive and much less intrusive application for reading pdf files.

If you download one of the Adobe Reader installers, be sure to UNcheck the box to include McAfee Security Scan.

2.  iTunes.  It is highly unlikely that a problem updating Adobe Reader has anything at all to do with iTunes or burning CDs.  It sounds as if you recently did an update to iTunes, but without the version number (Help > About iTunes) and most importantly the complete error message that iTunes displays, it's not possible to help.  In any case, you should ask iTunes questions here: http://discussions.apple.com/forum.jspa?forumID=792 

3.  Burning CD's.  Again, you need to provide the complete text of any error message.  If the problem of burning CDs is only when using iTunes, see #2 above.  Otherwise, post back with the error message you get as well how you are trying to burn the CDs.
-----
LemP
Volunteer Moderator
MS MVP (Windows Desktop Experience) 2006-2009
Microsoft Community Contributor (MCC) 2011-2012

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.