Question

Q: msjet35.dll missing.

I need to replace this deleted file. What is a trusted site I can use to complete this?

I need to replace this deleted file. What is a trusted site I can use to complete this?

msjet.35.dll is part of the Microsoft Jet Database engine.   Primarily, this is used in Microsoft Access, but other database applications may also use the Jet engine and thus need msjet35.dll.

Probably the best way to replace this file (other than restoring it from the Recycle Bin, if that's possible) is to reinstall the application that is no longer working.

If you think you need to replace the file for a reason other than a non-working application, please explain.

You might also want to ask in the Microsoft Access forum .

-----
LemP
Volunteer Moderator
MS MVP (Windows Desktop Experience) 2006-2009
Microsoft Community Contributor (MCC) 2011-2012

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Evidently the msjet35.dll file was inadvertently deleted. The recycle bin has been emptied and I cannot retreve it from there. When I start up my system, I receive the "msjet35.dll is missing" error message. I have also went through the replies on other questions with the Start...COMMAND...etc with out success.  So for that reason, I think that my best action would be to download this application from a trusted site.  Please advise

Sorry this didn't help.

Evidently the msjet35.dll file was inadvertently deleted. The recycle bin has been emptied and I cannot retreve it from there. When I start up my system, I receive the "msjet35.dll is missing" error message. I have also went through the replies on other questions with the Start...COMMAND...etc with out success.  So for that reason, I think that my best action would be to download this application from a trusted site.  Please advise

msjet35.dll is not an "application."  It is a component of an application, such as Microsoft Access, that deals with databases.  AFAIK, there is no "trusted site" from which you can download msjet35.dll, although I'm sure that using Google you'll find lots of sites that claim to have such a file .

I don't know what you mean by "the Start...COMMAND...etc."

If you get "msjet35.dll is missing" error on startup, use Autoruns to determine how the file is being called and thus, possibly, what application is looking for it.  Once you know what application is trying to use msjet35.dll, you should be able to uninstall the application if you no longer need it or reinstall it using whatever mechanism you used to install it in the first place.

-----
LemP
Volunteer Moderator
MS MVP (Windows Desktop Experience) 2006-2009
Microsoft Community Contributor (MCC) 2011-2012

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 3,483 Last updated: July 17, 2018 Applies to: