Question

Q: installation error 1316 when reinstalling Palm Desktop

When I am reinstalling my Palm LifeDrive from disk, I get error 1316 (unable to remove older verions of the palm desktop).  Support recommends installing "Windows Installer Cleanup Utility" to fix the problem but this is no longer available.  Is there anything else I can do? 

Answer

A:

Hi,

That is right Windows Installer Cleanup utility is no more available to download now and you need to contact the software vendor for help to remove the application.
Many users have uninstalled this application by using the below method.

a. Connect one end of the USB data cable to your computer and plug the other end into the data jack on your Palm LifeDrive.
b. Double click the "LifeDrive Manager" icon on your desktop. The "LifeDrive Manager" is installed on your computer when you install the Palm Desktop software onto your computer. The "LifeDrive Manager" window will pop up on the screen with a list of folders on your device.
c. Navigate through the folders and files on your Palm LifeDrive and right-click on the item you want to delete.
d. Select "Delete" from the options and confirm the deletion by pressing "Yes." Repeat the process for every item you want to delete.

Here is the support link:
http://kb.palm.com/wps/portal/kb/na/lifedrive/lifedrive/unlocked/home/page_en.html

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards:
Shekhar S - Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.
Thanks and Regards,
Shekhar Sharma

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Answer

A:

Hello bsp131,

In addition to the information that Shekhar has provided, you can search on the Internet for free software removal programs that will
assist in removing programs that cannot be removed thru add/remove programs.

Thanks,

Marilyn
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 224 Last updated: March 30, 2018 Applies to: