Error: "the patch can't be installed by the installer because the program is missing" when installing and SP2 for Corel Draw X3.

original title: corel draw X3 need an upgrade file in order to work and Windows installer won't install it. I'm Running XP

Windows installer won't install Corel Draw X3 patch for Corel SP1 and SP2.  Corel X3 came out in the late 1980's, way before Microsofts SP updates.

These files are patches for their program X3 and do not have anything to do with Microsofts SP 1,2, and 3.

The error that the windows installer gives, is that the patch can't be installed by the installer because the program is missing (which it is not) or that the upgrade patch may upgrade a different version of the program, (which it does not..this patch is made specifically for X3 only and actually is the upgrade for it. )

It says to verify that I have the program on my computer and that I have the correct patch. (Which I do.)
NOTE:
Last week I had to remove Corel X3 from my computer and re-install it. After that, I couldn't get the patch installed and it needs those 2 patches to work properly.

I am running XP Pro with MS Service pack 3 on my computer.  I have 300Ghz pentium 4,   2944 Mg usable installed memory 266.80 GB free space on the 2 hard drives,

Another site said a defective windows installer can cause "out of memory" errors and that has happened in Corel Draw so I deleted it and re-installed as I stated above. Any Ideas on how to get this installed?  Hope you can help, I don't know where to turn to next if not. Corel does not support this program due to it's age. I can't afford to upgrade at this time so I have a problem here. Any help would be very appreciated. Thank you

Question Info

Last updated March 30, 2018 Views 404 Applies to:
Answer

Been absent from here for a couple of days. Just in case someone else has this problem, I found the answer. It's one of those DUHHH moments.

If you are running Corel Draw X3 version 13.0.0.739, it already has the patches = sp1 and sp2 and the horfix pre-installed.

Should have known to check that out first, but thank you

David Vinod for trying to help this sometimes dummy.

regards, Frank

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.