Original title: Microsoft is not a valid short file name
Hi, my name is Kenya Caldwell and I have been trying to install a program called Autocad, everytime I try to install the program, I get a message that says Microsoft is not a valid short file name. I got a answer from Autocad, but I don't understand it nor know if it is correct, could someone help me? The message from Autodesk is down below.
Error 1325: [filename] is not a valid short file name
The installation fails and the following error message is displayed:
Error 1325: <file name> is not a valid short file name.
This error indicates the Microsoft® Windows® Installer is unable to write to the target folder.The following troubleshooting suggestions may resolve the problem:
- Check permissions to the install target location.
- Verify that the target location exists.
- Check for and eliminate any spaces or special characters in the installation target path. (Note: This suggestion does not apply to products based on AutoCAD® 2004 and above.)
- If this is a deployment, verify that the target path is properly formatted (UNC) and set in theappsetup.inf file, which is located in theimage folder.
- If the target location is a drive other than the system drive, try changing the target to a location on the system drive (usually drive C).
- Try recreating the deployment.