Installing .Net framework 3.0 and 3.5 sp 1 error

I have tried download .NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 1, but still have error message. The error log is as below:
[10/28/09,01:28:55] XPSEPSC Installer: [2] Error code 1603 for this component means "Fatal error during installation.
"
[10/28/09,01:28:55] XPSEPSC Installer: [2] Setup Failed on component XPSEPSC Installer
[10/28/09,01:29:02] WapUI: [2] DepCheck indicates XPSEPSC Installer is not installed.

able to help in this ? note that i am using window XP sp 3 and I need to downloaf .NET framework 3.5 sp1 in order to use my program.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100/

"When you try to install an update for the .NET Framework 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, or 3.5, you may receive Windows Update error code "0x643" or Windows Installer error code "1603""

If you have problems with the resolution in this article, visit the Microsoft Virus Solution and Security Center for resources and tools to keep your PC safe and healthy.  If you are having issues with installing the update itself, visit Support for Microsoft Update for resources and tools to keep your PC updated with the latest updates. 

Cheers.
Mick Murphy - Microsoft Partner

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 15, 2023 Views 2,603 Applies to: