I need help installing Windows XP

I was trying to install Windows 8 developper preview on a windows xp sp2 but I wasnt able to cahnge the bios to boot from my usb stick (I made a bootable usb stick with windows 7 usb/dvd download tool) so I desided to try open the setup.exe from the usb stick and download windows 8 that way (horrible decision). Sadly that did not work and it showd me the new funky blue screen of death. So now im trying to reinstall windows XP but for a reason when I chose to boot from the option "earlier version of windows" it restart the cpu and it bring me back to that screen. I have the windows XP SP2 Installation disk and have tryd to re-install windows a few times.The installation works fine till it says that it will restart the cpu  and the setup will continue automaticaly wonce the cpu restarts but it dosnt. It says that there are no operating system or if I re-boot from the installation disc it restart the whole installation process again. I have fully formated the CPU so windows 8 and the option of "earlier version of windows" is long gone.

Your help is very much appreciated.

Thank You!

-AAA911

Answer
Answer
Hello aaa911

Thank you for posting your question to Microsoft Answers. The product you are requesting assistance for is the Windows Developer Preview which is a pre-Beta version of the next release of Windows, code-named “Windows 8”.  Please note that this developer preview is not intended for the general public, is not able to be uninstalled, and should not be installed over another version of Windows.  If you are a developer or a tech enthusiast who has a question, you may post it in the forum below: 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 25, 2018 Views 90 Applies to: