Windows XP pro update page error number 0x8024400A

I'm on my Windows XP pro  pc and since I have format, repartion it over and over then re install Windows XP pro again and again (9 or 10 times) in the last week.,

I can not get the Windows XP update page working.

I get " error number: 0x8024400A  This website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view."

Every sugestions on this site points people to the Microsoft fix it page.

How convenient, it will not work unless Windows XP SP3 is install. 

Is there something eles then that stupid fixt thing from Microsoft, to find solution on how to solve an error with windows XP pro updates?

I just don't feel reformating the HD and waisting my time again and again when I am having the same problem each time.

BTW anyone reading this if you have to re install windows XP over and over  don't waist your time registering it right away because you certainly will have to start over and over again!  TIME IS MONEY  right BILL! lol

Question Info

Last updated March 26, 2018 Views 3,362 Applies to:
Answer

Hi phoe_nix,

1) What is the update that you are trying to install? I would like the KB article number.
2) What are the troubleshooting steps that you have tried to fix this issue?
3) Have you made any changes on your computer recently?

I would suggest you to try the steps provided in the following link and check if it helps.
You cannot install updates from Windows Update, Microsoft Update, or by using Automatic Update after a repair install of Windows XP or after you install Windows XP SP3 immediately after a clean install of Windows XP SP2

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

Hope this information helps.

Ravinath P
Forum Moderator - Multiple Forums

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.