Question

Q: How do I fix error code 0x8007000D during the first Windows Update (KB892130)? This thread is locked from future replies

I am working on a Gateway Netbook LT2016U.

It appears to have Windows XP Home SP3. I don't think that it is "XP Starter".

I have ran the Gateway Recovery.

I installed IE8.

When I run Windows Update, it wants to install KB892130 and KB898461. Both of these fail with an error code 0x8007000D.

I have been trying to resolve this issue for two or three day. Here is a few things that I have tried.

SFC /SCANNOW

I have ran the FIX IT's, and the update "Fix It" tells me that "WIndows UPdate Components Must be Repaired" and it repairs the Component.

Stopped and Started the various services.

Uninstalled all Virus Protection, disabled all firewalls.

I can not find anywhere to manually download KB892130.

Is there away to get throught this???

Thanks,

Hi,

Are you able to install other updates correctly?

Let’s follow these methods & check if the issue persists:

Method 1

a. You may try to take ownership of the registry file & grant permission to it. Thereafter, check if the issue persists.

Important:  This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, follow the Microsoft Knowledge Base: 322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/) How to back up and restore the registry in Windows?

i. Navigate to the location HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root and right click on it, select Properties from Context Menu.

ii. Click on Security tab.

iii. Click on Advance.

iv. Now click on Owner tab in Advance Security Settings.

v. Click on Edit Button and select user from given Change Owner to list if user or group is not in given list then click on other users or groups.

vi. Enter name of user/group and click ok.

vii. Now select User/group and click apply and ok. (Check “Replace owner on subcontainers and objects” if you have files and folder within selected folder)

viii. Click OK when Windows Security Prompt is displayed.

ix. Now Owner name must have changed.

x. Now click OK to exist from Properties windows.

Refer: How to take ownership of a file or a folder in Windows XP?

b. To grant permissions to the file. You may follow these steps:

i. Right click on it and select Properties from Context Menu.

ii. Click on Edit button in Properties windows Click ok to confirm UAC elevation request.

iii. Select user/group from permission windows or click Add to add other user or group.

iv. Now under Permission section check the rights which you want to grant i.e. check Full Control under the Allow column to assign full access rights control permissions to Administrators group.

v. Click on OK for changes to take effect and click ok final ok to exit from Properties window.

Method 2

You may manually download & install the update KB898461 from this link:

Update for Windows XP (KB898461)

Hope the information helps.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for your response.

I am able to install other updates.

I installed a JRE and Adobe Reader updates.

I tried your suggestions when I tried to edit the registry I got to:

HLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet|Enum|Root

I right clicked on root and got the drop down window with the options: Collapse, New, Find, Delete,Rename,Export, Permission, Copy Key.

There was no Properties option.

I chose permissions and gave my user full permissions.

I also started all over, I ran the Gateway "reformat" Recovery, Uninstalled the Norton through Add/Remove Programs. There was still a Norton Service listed so I downloaded the Norton Unistaller and ran it. It removed the service. I uninstalled other extraneous software like Google Desktop, etc.

I installed Microsoft update.

I ran Microsoft updates from IE7 and got an error 0x800A0007. This was different.

I downloaded MGADiag.exe,  got a Validation Control Error. That took me to a website where I downloaded and ran the KB892130 update.

I ran Microsoft update and got the error 0x8007000D. Same old one.

I downloaded and installed KB898461.

I ran Windows updates and got error code 0x8007000D.

A while back I had a problem with another system where you could not manually update the system but you could automatically update a system. I am trying this now. It gets to 6% and stops for a while then gets to 17% and stops for a while. It got to 64% and stopped for a while (at least 30minutes). It the errored out with a:

Run Time Error C++

c:\WIndows\System32\svchost

This appeared to stop the updates from downloading, at least the count went to 0%.

Another wierd occurance is the netbook "Disk Mangement" shows no hard drives but does show a USB Optical drive.

I am about to install IE8 to see if it makes a difference.

Do you know the email address for Microsoft Windows Support???

Thanks,

Sorry this didn't help.

I got it working.

I did a Low Level format using the Hard Drive Manufactors software, ran the Gateway Recovery disk and everything is working as normal.

The interesting part of this is that I ran the Hard Drive Manufactors software a few days ago and it found NO errors on the hard drive.

The Disk Management is working and the system is downloading and installing its updates.

Please mark this question as solved.

Thanks for your help,

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Glad to know that you have fixed the issue.

If you have any further issue on your computer, please post your question we will be happy to help you.

Sorry this didn't help.

How tofix an error of 0x8007000D?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 4,028 Last updated: March 26, 2018 Applies to: