Question

Q: Copy Error when installing SP3 reads: Setup Cannot Copy the file duser.dll

Ensure that the location specified below is correct, or change it and insert 'Windows XP System Files" in the drive you specify.  Copy files from:  (blank space to sspecify location)  with scroll down arrow.

I am not an advanced user. I just removed/uninstalled Norton Anti-virus software. Also, I do not have my disk drive attachment for my tablet so I am up the creek if I  have to wipe the hard drive and reinstall right now.  I just wanted to download Microsoft's antivirus program but.  SP3 is a prerequisite

perform sfc scan should fix

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

rut roh -thnx.  ran sfc scan

message: files that are required for your system to run properly must be copied to the DLL cache.
Insert your Win Profl SP2 cd now

When I try to close the window I get:

"If you cancel windows might require you to insert a cd later. Are you sure you want to cancel?"

*Is there a work around as I don't have the cd rom drive for this tablet anymore?

I thought I had it - since I reinstalled the hard drive 2 years ago. The CD's I used were  the operating system DVD and the Driver Recovery CD that they sent me - was service pac 2 on those cd's? - I have no idea.

Sorry this didn't help.

Just wanted to check, are you running Windows XP Media Center Edition? At this point the disk would be needed to try to repair the missing files. If you have Media Center Edition or the Tablet edition there may be files that aren't included in the Retail disk for home.

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 811 Last updated: April 26, 2018 Applies to: