Question

Q: BSOD Save Dump Event ID 1001 STOP 0x100000d1 after software uninstall This thread is locked from future replies

I recently decided to uninstall Avira Antivir & Comodo Firewall because of complicated, unsuccessful updates.  Uninstallation was messy & imcomplete.  I then installed Avast Antivirus, & attempted to install PC Tools firewall, which couldn't complete installation and is causing BSOD on a loop.

Event Viewer shows the following:

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Save Dump
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1001
Date:  10/22/2011
Time:  7:46:12 PM
User:  N/A
Computer: HOME-vvvvvvvvvvvv

Description:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.
The bugcheck was: 0x100000d1 (0x00000018, 0x00000002,0x00000001, 0xf735c716).

A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini102211-01.dmp.

Could someone show me how to interpret the minidump, and identify where the problem(s) is/are? 

I have a Dell Inspiron 600m, XP SP3, and can work in Safe Mode.

Thanks very much.

Answer

A:

Yes you did say that... :)

In the Comodo Support Forums, there are many, many uninstall issues that go back many years and go on for pages and pages and pages - trying things, maybe, might be, could be, etc.

Some AV type programs have their own special uninstaller tools.  I don't know if Comodo does or not.  I checked my notes and I don't have one for Comdo.

When uninstalls fail, some folks have good luck with this product:

http://www.glarysoft.com/products/utilities/absolute-uninstaller/

Some people seem to reinstall the whole thing and try the uninstall again and sometimes it works.

I did find this link on their forums that has some Comodo uninstall ideas:

https://support.comodo.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=10

If none of that works, you may want to pursue this Comodo issue in their forums.  Tell them you are getting this BSOD, here is my info, here is my BSV report of the dumps, etc. and how do you uninstall Comodo when the uninstall has failed?  Clearly your BSODs are from their product.

I hope you understand that I may not be of much help since I do not use Comodo and will not be installing it to try to figure out why it doesn't uninstall and what to do about it.

Right now, I would say you have a Comodo problem  - not an XP problem.

If those links above don't help, I would take it to them in their forums where they have the Comodo product experts that work on this stuff all day long.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 4,871 Last updated: March 30, 2018 Applies to: