BSOD & 0x000000ea error code - igxprd32; system recovery failed & cannot boot

I'm hoping someone can help.  I tried system recovery after initial BSOD & computer locking up.  Worked ok for a week, but after numerous Microsoft updates including service pak 3, computer crashed & system recovery disks do not work.  Complete meltdown occurred on November 12, 2010.  Computer is a laptop (Compaq Presario V6700).  When I turn it on now, it tries to load Windows but can't & goes straight to the following BSOD:

A problem has been detected & windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

The problem seems to be caused by the following file:  igxprd32 .....

The device driver got stuck in an infinite loop.  This usually indicates a problem with the device itself or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly.....

Technical information:

***STOP: 0x000000ea (0x89378020, 0x89d914d8, 0xf78cacbc, 0x00000001)

If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.  I'm not that technical but can follow clear instructions. 

Thank you!

Answer
Answer

Hi anthrop64,

igxprd32 is file related to you display adapter.

Try the below methods and check the result:

a.    Restart the computer.

b.    Press the F8 key before it enters Windows.

c.    Select the Enable low-resolution video (640x480) option. If this option is selected your desktop will be bigger than usual – this is by design.

d.    Once in your desktop, click on Start and select the Control Panel.

e.    Select the Hardware and Sound option and then click on Device Manager under Devices and Printers.

f.     Expand the Display adapters list – this should display the video card that is currently installed on your computer. Please note the make and model before proceeding.

g.    Right click the video card under Display Adapters and select Disable.

h.    Repeat this step if more than one video card is showing under Display Adapters.

i.     Once all display adapters have been disabled restart the computer in normal mode.

j.     If you are able to boot to the desktop without any error code or error message then you may have to uninstall the display adapter installed on your computer and reinstall it back

k.    Download the latest driver from the manufacturer of the display adapter and reinstall it back.

To uninstall the display adapter you may follow the below steps:

a.    Click Start, type devmgmt.msc and press enter.

b.    Locate display adapter device

c.    Right click on the device and select uninstall

d.    Also place a check mark beside the option “delete driver files for the device”

You may also refer the below link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/293078

Regards:

Samhrutha G S - Microsoft Support.

Visit our  Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 17, 2023 Views 8,096 Applies to: