Blue Screen-- Stop 0x24

Original Title: BSOD problem, computer will not do anything and blue screen remains

hi guys im having problems with a dell inspiron laptop 6400 using Windows XP Home SP3

went to the computer after not using it a while to access iTunes and got this on start up, the blue screen followed by this instruction

STOP: 0x00000024 (0x00190203, 0x8A774408, 0xC0000102, 0x00000000)

that is exactly how it reads, above that is text pointing me to uninstall antivirus, disk defragmentation and back up utilities. Also it is asking me to run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption and then restart.

the problem is the PC will not boot up at all and i can not access any of the above, it shows the windows xp screen for about a second then BSOD with that instruction reappears. even when putting the XP reinstallation disk or diagnostics drivers and utilities disk in on startup it just wont get past the BSOD.

anyone help this non tech minded dude, wanting to save all the info on the HD if its cactus?

Answer
Answer
That's peculiar since the Windows XP CD does not boot into any kind of diagnostic check.

It sounds like you have the wrong CD.

You next move (assuming this diagnostic doesn't "do" anything) should have been your first move.

Create the bootable XP Recovery Console CD.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 21, 2019 Views 7,125 Applies to: