Stop: 0x7E - Total Failure

Well, I think that today may have been the very last day for my good old Dell Dimension E510...

I just finished a full scan of my system using Malwarebytes (which has never given me any problems for the past year...), and had it remove a couple tracking cookies which my other active anti-virus system wouldn't pick up, when my system gave me the blue screen with the following Stop:

*** STOP: 0x0000007E (0x80537008, 0xBACC3388, 0xBACC3084)

Nothing after it... no driver listings, nothing.
I've tried rebooting it, but it just throws up the bluescreen about half a second after the Loading Windows bar comes up.  The strange thing, is that I swapped my standard Seagate HDD out for a newer one I'd bought, which does not have windows installed on it.  I get the same problem though... Bluescreen after a short image of the Windows loading bar.

I've tried going into safe mode, but it stops and freezes once it lists  all the drivers that it's loading.  Booting to the last good configuration does the same thing as just trying to boot normally.  The problems really begin, though, when I try to boot off of my Windows XP installation CD.  It hesitates for a second, and then says:

Selected Boot Device Not Available -
 strike F1 to retry boot, F2 for setup utility.

Trying to reboot from there shows up the exact same thing, and everything in the BIOS Setup is set correctly.  I've tried everything... Resetting the power supply, not suprisingly, did nothing, nor did pulling the MOBO Battery... can't think of it's proper name right now.

Well, I'm open to anything right now.  This computer has served me well for the last several years, and maybe I've just worn it out... I hope not.  Any help at all would be appreciated.  It can't really  get much worse  than it is right now.  Oh, and while I'm at it, sorry for any typo's; the keyboard on this laptop's impossible to type on...

Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated March 30, 2018 Views 3,288 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
Then your motherboard is probably failing. Since you say this is an elderly machine, it's time to grab your data off the hard drive and send the computer to the recycling center. It's not going to be worth spending any money replacing this motherboard.
MS-MVP - Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.