When I boot XP in Safe Mode then it stops at mup.sys file
If you see the mup.sys file listed on the screen when booting in safe mode then that driver has already loaded. All files that appear on the screen are loaded so your problem is not with mup.sys. It is most likely the file that loads directly after mup.sys.
Here is my suggestion.
1. Insert the Windows XP CD into your CD drive and restart your computer. If you are prompted, select any options required to start (boot) from the CD.
If you do not have a Windows Xp disc, follow the instructions HERE to create a Windows Xp Recovery Console.
2. When the text-based part of Setup begins, follow the prompts. Select the repair or recover option by pressing R.
3. If you have a dual-boot or multiboot system, select the installation that you want to access from the Recovery Console.
4. When you are prompted, type the Administrator password. If you have not set a password for the admin account simply press enter
5. At the command prompt, type chkdsk /r > press enter. (Note there is a space between the letter k and the forward slash).
6. At the conclusion of the scan type exit > press enter.
7. Restart your computer.
Microsoft Partner Network Member
1 person was helped by this reply
Did this solve your problem?
Sorry this didn't help.
Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.
How satisfied are you with this reply?
Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.