I'm unable to get my computer past the Windows XP screen without a blue screen error c000021a keeps rebooting.

Original title: I'm unable to get my computer past the Windows XP screen without a blue screen, keeps rebooting.

When I turn my computer on I keep getting this message:

Stop: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The Session Manager Initialization system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc000026c (0x00000000 0x00000000).
The system has been shut down.

I have tried this step: Windows Advanced Options Menu and was able to "Disable automatic restart on system failure" to get the entire error message.

as well as this step: On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight Last Known Good Configuration, and then press ENTER - but still get the blue screen.

PLEASE HELP!!

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community where you can find all the answers related to Windows.

As per the description provided, you are having issues with Blue screen error code.

Perform steps from the link and check if it helps.

How to troubleshoot a "STOP 0xC000021A" error   

Important:  This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/)

Reply to us if you face any issues with Blue Screen Error code  or any other Windows Issue, and we would be glad to assist you.

Have a nice day!

Hope this information helps.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

That advice from the Micrsoft engaged Forum Moderator "expert" doesn't make sense to me since:

1.  That is not the error you are reporting
2.  Your system probably does not boot at all so you won't get past the Resolution step 1
3.  The instructions in Step 1 do not make sense and will not work even if you could get to a       command prompt:
      At a command prompt, type \System32\Drwtsn32.exe -I, and then press ENTER.
4.  I have never used that KB to fix this or any c000021a problem
5.  Your error message connotes a different solution

It all looks like another dead end to me.

It is one of the first KB articles to come up in a Bing search, however, I am not a Microsoft engaged "expert".

Do let us know how that works out.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community where you can find all the answers related to Windows.

As per the description provided, you are having issues with Blue screen error code.

Perform steps from the link and check if it helps.

How to troubleshoot a "STOP 0xC000021A" error   

Important:  This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/)

Reply to us if you face any issues with Blue Screen Error code  or any other Windows Issue, and we would be glad to assist you.

Have a nice day!

Hope this information helps.

Thanks for responding...

I clicked the link and was going to follow the steps however the first step states:

1: At a command prompt, type \System32\Drwtsn32.exe -I, and then press ENTER.    

How am I supposed to type the above if I cannot get past the blue screen and do not get a command prompt?!

Thank you for your help!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

That advice from the Micrsoft engaged Forum Moderator "expert" doesn't make sense to me since:

1.  That is not the error you are reporting
2.  Your system probably does not boot at all so you won't get past the Resolution step 1
3.  The instructions in Step 1 do not make sense and will not work even if you could get to a       command prompt:
      At a command prompt, type \System32\Drwtsn32.exe -I, and then press ENTER.
4.  I have never used that KB to fix this or any c000021a problem
5.  Your error message connotes a different solution

It all looks like another dead end to me.

It is one of the first KB articles to come up in a Bing search, however, I am not a Microsoft engaged "expert".

Do let us know how that works out.

If you have any suggestions on what I should do PLEASE HELP!!

Thanks!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 23, 2017 Views 175 Applies to: