How I can recover my encrypted files after password was reset without saving the encrypting key ?

I have encrypt my personal files (.doc) and my password (after 42 days) was reset and I change it, but my crypting key was not be saved. Now I used the method with "I am the owner", but didn't granted access (Access denied). The user name is same, the password was re change it as original, but... nothing. The docs is most important for me. How can I proceed to recover my data ?  
The Windows Encrypting File System is a very dangerous tool.  Microsoft made it far too easy for people to use this tool improperly and thereby permanently lose their data.

Before even thinking of using EFS, study "Best Practices for the Encrypting File System" thoroughly and follow the guidelines.

With that out of the way, you may possibly be able to recover your data by following the advice here --> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290260&sd=tech 

As the article states:

NOTE: For any of the following resolutions to work, the user's original account must still exist, and the user's profile must be present and unchanged since the user last had access to the data.

To recover all of the data, you must have one of the following:
  • The original password. This is the password with which the user last logged on successfully and was able to access their credentials and files.
  • Password Recovery Disk (PRD). This password recovery disk must have been created while the user had access to the files.

-----
LemP
Volunteer Moderator
MS MVP (Windows Desktop Experience) 2006-2009
Microsoft Community Contributor (MCC) 2011-2012

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 5, 2024 Views 531 Applies to: