Unable to Burn to Disc

Despite being able to do so in the past, I am now unable to burn to disc. My player will play discs, rip them to library (WMP), and read data discs for adding programmes, website working files etc. However, when I try to burn to a disc I hit major problems. I go through the proper procedures, load a blank disc, (Sony CD-R 700MB) select the burn options, i.e. eject after burn, burn audio disc, and click on start burn. This then goes exactly to plan, each track goes through preparing-pending-writing to disc%-Complete. In the right hand column, under the burn tab, the % shows. The final track moves to finalizing disc - complete, BUT the Burn tab stays at 99% The indications then show No Disc in (E). The Burn tab shows insert blank disc in (E). Nothing happens, the disc drive sounds as though it is trying to eject, but it does not. If I try and eject in Windows Explorer, (after waiting for at least five or ten minutes) I get an error message saying error occurred when ejecting DVD-RW(E). I cannot eject the disc in any way, the programme is obviously still running. My only, and last resort, is to 'power off' the computer for 8 seconds. When I restart, go to Explorer and key 'eject' under DVD drive the disc pops out immediately, but is of course totally blank! I have tried every 'fix' I can find in forums etc. to no avail. I have run Microsoft 'Fixit' again to no avail. Help please!

EQUIPMENT/SOFTWARE

Dell Hybrid 140G with built in 8 x DVD+/-RW Drive TSST corp DVD+-RW TS-T633A ATA Device (Drivers checked and up to date) 

Question Info

Last updated January 11, 2020 Views 36 Applies to: