how can I import playlists from windows media player 11 into excel 2003

how can I import playlists from windows media player 11 into excel 2003. I used to use Media Info Exporter, but in WMP11 it no longer allows me to "send to" exporter when I right click on a playlist.
Answer
Answer
You need to install the Windows Media Bonus Pack for Windows XP which includes the playlist importer/exporter powertoy.

Windows Media Bonus Pack for Windows XP! Jam-packed with utilities, PowerToys, visualizations, skins, sound effects, and much more, the free Windows Media Bonus Pack installs on your Windows XP-based PC and lets your personality and creativity shine. Plus! MP3 Audio Converter LE Sample a feature of Plus! for Windows XP and double the amount of music you can store on your PC by converting your MP3 files quickly and easily to Windows Media Audio (WMA). PowerToys for Windows Media Player for Windows XP (v8) Includes a dozen new and updated PowerToys for Windows Media Player for Windows XP, designed to give you more control of your music with the MPXP Tray Control, Playlist Import to Excel utility, Media Library Metadata

Download: Windows Media Bonus Pack for Windows XP

Playlist Import to Excel Powertoy
Playlist Import to Excel PowerToy offers an easy way to import audio and video playlists (with the .asx file name extension) from Microsoft Windows Media Player into a spreadsheet in Microsoft Excel 2002 or later.

After the playlist is imported to Excel, you can sort and retrieve information for each item in the list, including the name, artist, genre, and bit rate of each file, using the AutoFilter and Sort features in Excel. You can also export the file to HTML to quickly create a Web page containing a catalog of all the audio and video items in the playlist. Additionally, you can chart and graph statistical information about items in the playlist and use the information in other ODBC-compliant programs (such as Microsoft Access).

Using this tool is a two-part process. First, you must prepare the playlist by exporting it from Windows Media Player. Then, you use Playlist Import to Excel PowerToy to import the playlist into Excel.

To export a playlist from Windows Media Player:
In Windows Media Player, click Media Library, and then expand My Playlists to display the playlists that you have created.
Click the playlist you want to export.
On the File menu, click Export Playlist to File.
Select the folder where you want to save the file.
In File name, enter a name for the file, and then click Save.

To import playlist into Excel:
Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Windows Media Bonus Pack for Windows XP, and then click Import Playlist to Excel.
Depending on your security settings, you may get a Security Warning dialog box. If so, click Enable Macros to continue.
Follow the instructions in the Windows Media Playlist Import Tool dialog box. (If you have already exported the playlist, you can skip step 3 in the Import Tool dialog box.)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 2, 2020 Views 2,398 Applies to: