Winzip driver updater.

Winzip driver updater pops up everytime I turn on computer. I did not order this nor request it.  At the end it asks if I want to buy.  Unfortunately I can't do that right now.  Is this your program, is the program ok or is it downloading trojans, etc? 

Question Info

Last updated April 6, 2020 Views 31,676 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

I like WinZip. I abhor the junk that they've now included with their main programs.

You can uninstall this from your PC with no ill effects.

I'm moving your question to the Performance and Maintenance topic for Windows XP from the Virus and Malware topic area.

You can uninstall WinZip Driver Updater from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.

1. On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
    • Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
    • Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
  2. When you find the program WinZip Driver Updater, click it, and then do one of the following:
    • Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
    • Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
  3. Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove WinZip Driver Updater.

And take a moment to read the following:

End of Life XP: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/endofsupport.aspx

-steve

^_^
Windows Insider MVP (Security)

62 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.