Question

Q: What is KernelFaultCheck?

the other day I tried to install a computer game, and it didn't work right and an error occured and shut down my computer. Whe I started it back up the computer said that it had recovered from serious error. So I uninstalled it and tried again. But the same thing happened. But both times my spy sweeper showed me that there was a program that was downloaded. The first time it showed it, I just removed it. But it showed it again the second time I got the error. I clicked on the program details and this what it showed:

Start-up item: KernelFaultCheck

Product name is not provided
Company name is not provided
Copyright info is not provided

Registry or Start up folder: HKLM: Run

It only happened after my computer shut down from the errors. I removed it the first time I got the error, but it is back. Is this a virus or something? What should I do?

Answer

A:

There usually 2 switches. -k is a kernel fault check and -u is a user fault check. Since Microsoft mentioned that dumprep.exe is a non-essential system process, we can disable it. To disable dumprep.exe from startup, to Control Panel > System > Advanced tab > click Settings button for Startup and Recovery. At write debugging information, click the drop down menu, select (none) and click OK.

Next, click the Error Reporting button, and select “Disable error reporting“. You can leave the option “But notify me when critical errors occur” checked. Click OK to close Error Reporting window.

Go to Run and type msconfig. Check if dumprep.exe still exist in the list or not. If it is there, run regedit and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run. Select KernelFaultCheck name and hit delete. Restart your computer.

Alternatively you can disable any programs that start automatically by using msconfig.

http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_content.php

Let me know if it works...

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 35,435 Last updated: May 21, 2018 Applies to: