What files should be in here %System%\Windows\PCHealth\helpctr\binaries\ ??

Hi,

Right bit of info for use.

Dell inspiron 6400
Windows XP sp3
150Gb HDD
1Gb RAM
intel processor t2400 @1.84GHz

Now my last question was that i could not run the msconfig for some reason and someone told me to insert my windows xp disk and go to cmd and enter sfc/scannow but i have lost my XP disk. Is there a way to download all missing files from microsoft?. Except that when i tried to install msconfig it wouldn't let me it said access denied, as i am the administrator i don't know why it did it. I have only one file in this folder %System%\Windows\PCHealth\helpctr\binaries\  now i just checked it again after trying the sfc/scannow without a disk and some files have returned....

what is the list of files needed.

Also on startup it says boot.ini file error then it has another line which says C:Windows    something, it's kinda hard to see exactly what it says as it loads quite fast.

Question Info

Last updated March 26, 2018 Views 25 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi,

1.       What is the exact issue that you are facing on your computer?

2.       Why are you trying to run SFC scan?

3.       What happens when you try to run msconfig?

4.       How are you trying to install msconfing?

5.       What is the complete error message are you getting on windows start up?

6.       Are you able to boot in Safe mode?

7.       Did you make any changes to the computer before the issue occurred?

I would suggest you to refer the link below and check if it helps.

"Invalid Boot.ini" or "Windows could not start" error messages when you start your computer: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/330184

Additional information: Advanced troubleshooting for general startup problems in Windows XP: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308041

Hope this information is helpful.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.