McciAsyncEventMgrWnd and explorer.exe not responding on shut down

My computer has slowed down significantly and the fast fan runs most of the time. A "McciAsyncEventMgrWnd not responding" and "explorer.exe not responding" messages appear when I close down, forcing me to "end now" and sometimes (drastically) hold the power button to kill the computer.  The explorer.exe message comes up twice and has to be ended twice.  Are these problems linked and can I download anything to improve things?  Please?

Question Info

Last updated March 26, 2018 Views 1,147 Applies to:
Answer

Hi PaulnGE,

Did you make any software or hardware changes on the computer prior to this issue?

Let’s follow these methods & check if it helps.

Method 1

You may boot the computer into ‘safe mode’ and check if the issue re-appears. It will start Windows XP with a limited set of files and drivers. Startup programs do not run in safe mode, and only the basic drivers needed to start Windows are installed, follow the steps to boot the computer in safe mode:

a. Restart the computer.

b. Start tapping F8 key.

c. You will get advanced boot option window.

d. Select the option “Safe mode”.

For more information, refer this link:

A description of the Safe Mode Boot options in Windows XP

Method 2

You may disable the startup entry of McciAsyncEventMgrWnd file from startup items in System Configuration Utility & check if the issue persists.

To do this, follow these steps.

a.        Click Start, type ‘msconfig.exe’ in the Start > Run box, and then press ENTER to start the System Configuration Utility.

b.        Click the Startup tab, and then uncheck the file entry in the Startup Item list.

c.        Click OK, and then click Restart.

d.        If it doesn’t occur, please let us know the file location from the same window.

Refer: Slow PC? Optimize your computer for peak performance

Hope the information helps.
Please post back and let us know.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.