if speedy pc pro are that bad why do they show a microsoft partner logo?

if speedy pc pro are that bad why do they show a microsoft partner logo????

Question Info

Last updated March 26, 2018 Views 6,892 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I have a logo like that too and I am also so bad.  --->>>

Anybody can take any logo they want and stick it on their WWW page - so obviously it is not all it might be cracked up to be.

Before embarking on third party software solutions to performance issues, I would first get a a handle on what the performance issues are and then come up with common sense solutions using conventional methods (that are also free).

Now here is a question that I often ask when people have issues after using these tools and things don't quite work right on their system afterwards:

Have you now or have you ever used any third party applications on your system where the product description includes such descriptive phrases as:

cleaner, mechanic, detective, doctor, cure, optimize, clean up, tune up, speed up, fix up, compact, compress,  faster, power, boost, booster, eraser, muncher, one click fix, new, intuitive, mistakes, stops crashes, stops errors, improves, saves you money, risk free, guaranteed or any third party program that has an icon resembling a gear, cog, wrench, spanner, swooping arrow or screwdriver?

...I did not just make that stuff up.

I hope I remember to change my logo later...

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello Joselbarra,

"Anybody can take any logo they want and stick it on their WWW page - so obviously it is not all it might be cracked up to be."

They can with the Logo owners permission. Without the Logo owners permission they infringe that persons intellectual property rights and risk legal action against them.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

John Barnett MVP: Windows XP Associate Expert: Windows Expert - Consumer: www.winuser.co.uk | vistasupport.mvps.org |xphelpandsupport.mvps.org |www.silversurfer-guide.com

Sorry this didn't help.

I know what it is supposed to mean.

The OP wants to know if Microsoft sanctions Speedy Pro PC or is MS going to file a lawsuit against them if they are not sanctioned.

Reading between the lines, that it the question

I'm going to switch back to my Mayberry Deputy Sheriff badge.  Do I need to clear that with Andy?

Sorry this didn't help.

THat is precisely MY QUESTION, IS SPEEDY PC a part of the Microsoft "Family"... and as usual, no one gives a straight answer! What is wrong with "YES" or "No"...... my stars and garters, why make things so complicated all the time?!!!!!!

Sorry this didn't help.

I can't say for sure if Speedy PC Pro is officially liked and loved by Microsoft.  You need to ask Microsoft.  Most posters on this forum are not Microsoft Employees.

Try http://support.microsoft.com/kb/295539 and maybe someone will tell you.

I would not put Speedy PC on my ex-wife's computer...no, she's not liked and loved by me and vice versa.

Just because a program claims to be a Microsoft Partner doesn't mean it's a good program.  And I'm personally not aware of any Speed Up My PC type programs being recommended by MS.

Speedy PC? http://www.scambook.com/report/view/113055/SPEEDY-PC-PRO-False-Advertising-for-29.95-on-05-04-2012

Speedy PC? http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-security/who-are-speedy-pc-pro-and-are-they-safe-to-use/62629332-a670-4166-b418-e2a5a876daa1

http://www.edbott.com/weblog/2005/04/why-i-dont-use-registry-cleaners/

Regards...

MVP Consumer Security 2014-2016
Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018

Sorry this didn't help.

IS SPEEDY PC a part of the Microsoft "Family"... and as usual, no one gives a straight answer! What is wrong with "YES" or "No"...... my stars and garters, why make things so complicated all the time?!!!!!!

First of all, calm down. :-)

Second of all, please define the word "family."

After all, you and I use Microsoft products. And we are both posting to a forum on microsoft.com. Are you and I part of the Microsoft "Family"?

Sorry this didn't help.

just a simple yes or no was all I was looking for......'ask Microsoft'?? YOu have GOT TO BE KIDDING!! I have tried for a week now........they don't like PEOPLE on their money! A lot different from when Microsoft first began when I lived in CA......and the change has not been for the 'good' in customer care.      Thank you for you assistance........

Sorry this didn't help.

just a simple yes or no was all I was looking for......'ask Microsoft'??

One more time...

A simple yes or no will be able to be offered once you define the nebulous word "family."

But even if the answer is "yes," surely you can imagine a situation where a family member can be abusive and is to be avoided, no?

Even if someone once upon a time at Microsoft signed a document allowing them to include the "partner" graphic, that does not mean they should be used. So even if the answer to your question is "yes," that still is immaterial when considering whether or not they should be recommended. In fact, users' experiences should be all one needs:

The bottom line is that there is ample evidence that Speedy PC is to be avoided. If you want to stubbornly cling onto whether or not there is some sort of "official" relationship between the two entities, you are wasting your time (and ours).

Sorry this didn't help.

So Mr. Barnett, Is speedy pc pro a partner with Microsoft? Because I would never have done anything with them if they would not have said they were a GOLD MEMBER MICROSOFT PARTNER and now after reading all these things I am upset because I put my trust in Microsoft and you all allowed them to portray themselves as walking hand and hand with you. So if they have ripped me off you all have had a hand in that!! I don't allow others to say I am with them while they are for unlawful or deceiving things so why would you all so now we have to ask if some company / all companies are truly with Microsoft to have any form of safety? don't you think you a;ll have some kind of responsibility here? Thanks hope you will answer me

Sorry this didn't help.

Wow so I guess you did not see I ask Mr. Barnett since he works for MS, and I understand that "This is a peer supported forum and we don't work for Microsoft.  We're users who volunteer to assist others with problems.  There has been an explanation by several folks regarding Speedy PC et al and there's nothing more that we can add." so for us dumb folk that just want a straight answer and are asking some one else (not you) unless you also work for MS. but wow when you look at your string of explanation by several folks regarding Speedy PC et al and there's nothing more that we can add.- it is quite obvious that you like to play dance around the question and by the way I did receive a thank you from MS for joining so I figure someone there is watching enough to see my question. So if they want to answer will you let them or what? thank you so much Mr. Star

Sorry this didn't help.