I need help with copy and paste not working

I already asked this question but nobody seems to want to help or doesn't know the answer.  I can't afford to pay microsoft $49 for help. It's their dang opertating system and you would think they would want to help customers who buy their products.  Guess not!!!  Please, can somebody help me.  I am a graphic artist and need copy and paste all the time but it doesn't work.  It is so frustrating.  Should have bought a Mac...next time.  If no-one here can help...where do I go for help?  Here is the question again.

My Copy and Paste commands have stopped working in all my software programs (Photoshop, CorelDraw, Corel Painter, etc.).  When I hit 'copy', or do 'control c', it stalls and whatever program I am using becomes inoperative, as well as all my programs, until I can get the specirfic program to close down.  I ran Services.msc to make sure the clipboard (didn't find clipboard so I assumed it was changed to clipbook) was enabled, which it was but when I clicked on 'Start this service' it said  "Could not start the Clipbook service on local computer.  Error:1068: The dependency service or group failed to start". This started several weeks ago and I have not installed any new programs during that time.  Only chage to my computer has been the automatic Windows Updates.  This is very frustrating...how do I get copy and paste to work.  I've had this computer less then 4 months.  Thanks

Question Info

Last updated November 18, 2018 Views 34,509 Applies to:
Answer
If you have Advanced System Care installed, check the settings for Smart Ram listed under Toolbox, make sure the box for Clean Clipboard is unchecked. if the box is checked this will not allow any data to remain on the clipboard for copy and pasting operations

22 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer

To all with this problem try this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/309662

Dell Dimension 3000, Firefox, WinXP Pro/Sp3, 360 TSE by Qiho, MBAM

4 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.