Question

Q: I just updated my Java program and it seems now my computer is running very slow and taking a long time to connect to sites. This thread is locked from future replies

I just updated my Java program and it seems now my computer is running very slow and taking a long time to connect to sites. Do I need to run Java? I ran a virus scan and checked for malware ran CC Running Windows xp sp3 IE8 any help would be appreciated.

Original title: Java update

I just updated my Java program and it seems now my computer is running very slow and taking a long time to connect to sites. Do I need to run Java? I ran a virus scan and checked for malware ran CC Running Windows xp sp3 IE8 any help would be appreciated.

Do u have several versions of java?

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp-performance/which-of-these-add-or-remove-programs-can-i-remove/142eb4a0-dba0-464a-a95a-3cc3d236c639

Try to remove start up component of java..

press windows and R key and type msconfig and go to start up tab and remove java component from starting up

if your internet is slow

Try to run internet explore without plugins by using iexplore.exe -extoff

then check whetehr internet borwsing is slow
H.A.V. Aravinda

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

I doubt that Java is the reason for your slowdown.  On the other hand, I've seen more and more recommendations to get rid of Java because Oracle doesn't appear to be very adept at keeping it free from malware attack. 

I suggest that you uninstall it from Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs.  If it later turns out that you need it in order to make a particular web site or application function properly, just go to http://www.java.com/en/ and download the latest version.

When you used CCleaner, did you use the registry cleaning function?  If so, that's a much more likely suspect for having damaged your Windows installation.

What tools did you use for your a/v and antimalware scans?

Are you up to date with Windows Updates?
-----
LemP
Community Moderator
MS MVP (Windows Desktop Experience) 2006-2009
Microsoft Community Contributor (MCC) 2011-2012

Sorry this didn't help.

I doubt that Java is the reason for your slowdown.  On the other hand, I've seen more and more recommendations to get rid of Java because Oracle doesn't appear to be very adept at keeping it free from malware attack. 

I suggest that you uninstall it from Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs.  If it later turns out that you need it in order to make a particular web site or application function properly, just go to http://www.java.com/en/ and download the latest version.

When you used CCleaner, did you use the registry cleaning function?  If so, that's a much more likely suspect for having damaged your Windows installation.

What tools did you use for your a/v and antimalware scans?

Are you up to date with Windows Updates?

No I didn't use any registry cleaning function I just use CC to remove temp files and cookies. I use Avast Pro for anti virus Super antispyware(free) and malware bytes for malware. Up to date with Windows updates except for .Netframwork

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the help and quick reply

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 9,692 Last updated: March 26, 2018 Applies to: