I am running Windows XP and I would like to back up my files and cannot figure out how to do it. I have been all over the help site. Also, i have DVD-R to back-up to, do I need to formatt?

I really would like to back up my music files and my documents but cannot for the life of me figure out how to do it?  I have a DVD-R in the tower ready to copy to, but cannot connect.  Can any one help me?

Answer
Answer
DVDs contain approximately 4+GB of space. It might be too little to use as an official form of backup. You should purchase a portable harddrive to perform backups.
Youtube - IWEBProductions

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
All you need to do is to install a good DVD burning program. I like ImgBurn because it has the ability to not only burn files to CD or DVD but also the ability to CREATE a CD that can be played in an actual CD player or a movie that can play in an actual DVD player. AND you also get the ability to create bootable rescue disks!

You may download the installation file from one of the seven mirrors:

STRONG ADVICE: Do NOT click on any links that instruct you to run scans! They are advertisements you can and should avoid.

Forum:

I doubt you will need to post questions in the forum since this program is quite simple to use, but it's there if you need it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 26, 2018 Views 38 Applies to: