How to run Fdisk in Windows XP?

***NOTE: If not in proper forum, please let me know and I will see about correcting the issue.

Though unrelated, I am trying to create a Bootable Flash Drive to upgrade my Linux based Laptop..

I have tried numerous products and advice given to me by the Forums on said Linux OS... with no prevail for a result.

At this time, I am currently running a Windows XP Home Edition Desktop computer, that is rarely used.

My question is that I know on Windows Vista and Windows 7 that we have access to the Fdisk command via Command Prompt.

How can I get the Fdisk command on Windows XP? when I type the command it comes back with that it is not a recognized command.

I know for some versions for XP, I have to extract a .cab file, but not quite sure if that will help in this case.

I am just trying to make a Bootable Flash Drive for Linux and Windows based OS in the future, so I need the fdisk command so that I can clean format, mark as active, and just copy the .iso files onto said Drive to make it bootable.

Any and all suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated September 13, 2018 Views 17,894 Applies to:
Answer

OOPs, think I goofed that one, try this link:-

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/dos_diffs.mspx?mfr=true

looks like FDISK is replaced with disk part in XP

12 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.