Question

Q: How to run Fdisk in Windows XP?

***NOTE: If not in proper forum, please let me know and I will see about correcting the issue.

Though unrelated, I am trying to create a Bootable Flash Drive to upgrade my Linux based Laptop..

I have tried numerous products and advice given to me by the Forums on said Linux OS... with no prevail for a result.

At this time, I am currently running a Windows XP Home Edition Desktop computer, that is rarely used.

My question is that I know on Windows Vista and Windows 7 that we have access to the Fdisk command via Command Prompt.

How can I get the Fdisk command on Windows XP? when I type the command it comes back with that it is not a recognized command.

I know for some versions for XP, I have to extract a .cab file, but not quite sure if that will help in this case.

I am just trying to make a Bootable Flash Drive for Linux and Windows based OS in the future, so I need the fdisk command so that I can clean format, mark as active, and just copy the .iso files onto said Drive to make it bootable.

Any and all suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Answer

A:

OOPs, think I goofed that one, try this link:-

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/dos_diffs.mspx?mfr=true

looks like FDISK is replaced with disk part in XP

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

12 people were helped by this reply

Question Info

Views: 17,617 Last updated: July 8, 2018 Applies to: