"Did not load driver" errors in ntbootlog.txt

The boot time on my XP Pro system has increased to 4 to 5 minutes.  After some research, I enabled boot logging.  When I reviewed the results in the file “ntbootlog.txt”, I found many repeated attempts to load the same drivers which resulted in multiple “Did not load driver” notations.  What is the fix for this?   

Question Info

Last updated August 10, 2018 Views 6,773 Applies to:
Answer
I don't know what their official story is for MSE, but I know that MBAM says that their quick scan will find 99.9% of the stuff they know about.

For MBAM and SAS, I usually just do the quick scans and run the full occasionally when I have more time (which is rarely) or when I might be suspicious of something.  I don't think I have ever even done a full scan with MSE.

The quick scans will go ever quicker if you clear out your temporary Internet files, but depending on how good a cleaning job you choose, you may find yourself having to reenter stored logins and passwords and things that may have been saved as Internet "cookies" so it can be inconvenient.  There is also a certain malware (that you do not have symptoms of) where clearing temp files would be a mistake (until the problem is fixed).

And just because your malware scanners tell your system is clean, doesn't necessarily mean your system is clean.  I interpret that to mean that the scanner just didn't find anything that it knows about, so it is prudent to use more than one to get good coverage (but not more than one with real time protection).  So many people say "My system is clean.  My scanner told me so." and I say oh yeah?  Run MBAM ans SAS and get back to me on that.

And, Microsoft is not in the malware prevention, detection and removal business but they had to come up with something and MSE is alot better than it used to be.  So it is good to supplement your MSE with MBAM and SAS once in a while since they are in the malicious software prevention detection and removal business and that is all they do all day long.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.