c2c_service.exe- Application Error

When I am shutting down my computer the following message appears:

The instruction at "0x00000000" referenced memory at "0x0000000". The memory could not be "read".

Question Info

Last updated October 31, 2018 Views 50,288 Applies to:
Answer
This is from the Skype Click to Call service.  From Control Panel uninstall the Skype Click to Call program.  If it's something you use (this is different than Skype video calls) re-install it from the Skype website.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
I've been with Microsoft products and been a developer for about 30 years. Yes, 30.

This is classic USELESS put-it-on-the-user response. Sometimes, it is the computer that needs a tweak. But IF enough people tell you it's broken perhaps you should look at fixing it? In this case, a browser is probably holding on to a reference to the service/objects. The browser unloads late during the windows shutdown but the service was already told to exit too. The memory reference is the reason it won't shut down cleanly and in a timely manner. The problem is fixable at the service level by changing the service. This is your operating system and your product (Skype).

Or as the other reply aptly stated... un-install it.

People vote with their feet. If it's broken and they don't get good help from the supplier they un-install and buy a Mac or a Google phone. I've uninstalled the service (and have a Google phone).

Different decade same problems of poor software support.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.