BSOD 0x0000007F

Recently ive been having problems when booting up my pc. I get to the Windows xp load screen just before i can choose which user i would like to run. Ive been getting BSOD 0x0000007F (0x00000008) (0x80042000) (0x00000000) (0x00000000).

A brief view of my system specs are :

System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 3

Micro Electronics, Inc

PowerSpec

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU @ 2.40 GHz

2.40 GHz, 2.75 GB of RAM.

Other info:

I have 3 RAM sticks installed. I had 4, thinking that the 4th newer stick was the problem I took it out but i am still receiving the error.

What ive already tryed doing to fix it:

Disk Check, Ran Full Norton 360 scan, Uninstalling some software, Running a Microsoft Malware scan (or w/e).

So far no luck. If you need any other details please feel free to ask.

Thank you :)

Question Info

Last updated March 6, 2019 Views 6,326 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Okay - let's find out a few things and get some of the BSOD information from the last 5 crash dump files:

I hope you can still get on the Internet in some kind of mode (forgot to ask that part).

I am not fond of any Norton products since sometimes they cause systems to under perform.  Tell us a little about that...  Did you buy it, download it, did it come with free from your Internet Service Provider (ISP)?

You also said you ran a Microsoft Malware scan - how did you do that?  Microsoft is not in the malicious software detection, prevention and removal business, so I am also not too keen on their ability in that area (except for maybe the most basic and simple things).  I would recommend you stick to companies where that is their only business.

But, let's see what we've got.

Click Start, Run and in the box enter:

msinfo32

Click OK, and when the System Summary info appears, click Edit, Select All, Copy and then paste the information back here.

For video driver information, expand the Components, click Display, click Edit, Select All, Copy and then paste the information back here.

There will be some personal information (like System Name and User Name), and whatever appears to be private information to you, just delete it from the pasted information.

This will minimize back and forth Q&A and eliminate guesswork.

Download BlueScreenView from here:

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

Unzip and run it (BSV installs nothing) and let it finish scanning all your crash dump files. 

If you double click on of the dumps, you will get some information about it (including the Caused By Driver field) and you may be able to spot the problem right away - especially if you see a pattern in the dumps where the Caused by Driver field is the same (start with that driver).

Select (highlight) one or more of the most recent dump files by clicking them and holding down the Ctrl key to select multiples files.  Try to select just the most recent ones that relate to your issue (maybe five or so dump files to get started).

Click File, Save Selected Items and save the information from the dumps to a text file on your desktop called BSOD.txt.  Open BSOD.txt with a text editor, copy all the text and paste it into your next reply.

Here is an example of the BSV report from a single BSOD that I initiated on purpose that shows the cause of the crash as the i8042prt.sys driver belonging to Microsoft Corporation:

==================================================
Dump File         : Mini062110-01.dmp
Crash Time        : 6/21/2010 11:51:31 AM
Bug Check String  : MANUALLY_INITIATED_CRASH
Bug Check Code    : 0x000000e2
Parameter 1       : 0x00000000
Parameter 2       : 0x00000000
Parameter 3       : 0x00000000
Parameter 4       : 0x00000000
Caused By Driver  : i8042prt.sys
Caused By Address : i8042prt.sys+27fb
File Description  : i8042 Port Driver
Product Name      : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company           : Microsoft Corporation
File Version      : 5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2108)
Processor         : 32-bit
Computer Name     :
Full Path         : C:\WINDOWS\minidump\Mini062110-01.dmp
==================================================

Send the information from the last 5 memory dumps.

No matter what else you are using for malware protection, please do this:

Download, install, update and do a full scan with these free malware detection programs:

Malwarebytes (MBAM):  http://malwarebytes.org/
SUPERAntiSpyware: (SAS):  http://www.superantispyware.com/

These can be uninstalled later if desired.

Don't guess what the problem might be - figure it out and fix it. I need YOUR votes and points for helpful replies and Propose as Answers. I am saving up for a pony!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.