BOOT.INI or MBR needs to be fixed. I am using Windows XP SP-3 on a Sony Vaio notebook. __ __

Computer boots automatically into Safe Mode . I press all the other options at boot-up, I trird all the other Win Xp  help and solution sites. I can't download certain programs & they all failed, even windows and microsoft updates. When I open certain prograns I get a message that Administration has denied access to these programs. I am the Owner and one of the Admin. group with full access, but I still get denied. I got a warning that I had no Antivirus programs. I tried to get my Free ISP; RoadRunner to redownload the virus program, but something or program  changes the program and uses my program's name.
Please HELP me!
Aloha,
Alton Anzai
*** Email address is removed for privacy ***
alton anzai
Answer
Answer

sometimes when the system is stuck to booting in safe mode it might be do to a setting enabled in the startup configuration.

you can check it by clicking on the start button > run > msconfig

then under the boot tab ensure the safe mode option is unchecked.

db·´¯`·...¸> DatabaseBen, Retired Professional - Systems Analyst - Database Developer - Accountancy - Veteran of the Armed Forces - @Hotmail.com "share the nirvana mann" - dbZen ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ > >
Status - Off line

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 26, 2018 Views 923 Applies to: