USB Dongle Bridging with Static IP Wireless connection XP

My Computer is connected to wireless router which is connected to switch through which I'm accessing other computers.

Whenever I connect my USB dongle to access internet, my wireless network disconnected but I'm still connected to router!!.
Here I'm limited to use only one network at a time.

I tried Network Bridging, still same (Any advanced setting need to be changed??)

Tried ICS ( ICS should not use this feature in an existing network with Windows 2000 Server domain controllers, DNS servers, gateways, DHCP servers, or systems configured for static IP addresses )

I would be greatly appreciate who can help in solving this issue.

Thanks,
Lachuu

USB Dongle: HUAWEI 
Answer
Answer
Your problem is likely the "Metric".  I'm doing this from memory as I don't have an XP machine here so it may be a bit different but....  
 Go to your Network Control panel.  There should be an entry for your USB dongle and one for the wireless.  For each one of these, right-click on them and select "Properties".  In the window, scroll down if necessary and double-click on TCP/IP.  On the next window, click "Advanced".  There should be a box there that is usually checked that says "Automatic Metric".  What you need to do is un-check that checkbox and enter a number in the "Interface Metric" field.  Put a different number for your USB dongle interface and for your Wireless interface (e.g.  5  and 10 ).  The smaller of the two numbers will be the adapter that will be used for the internet...  so if I read your post correctly, the USB dongle should have the lower number.

As your USB dongle is probably the slower connection, it probably defaults to a higher metric and therefore is not selected when using default metrics.

"An explanation of the Automatic Metric feature for Internet Protocol routes"
  < http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299540 >

Good Luck,
   JW

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 26, 2018 Views 1,515 Applies to: