Unable to install TP-Link wireless adapter on Windows XP Pro Error "insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service"

Hello,
OT: I cannot install my TP-Link wireless adapter on Windows XP Pro PC. I keep getting "insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service" messages after every reinstall
I've been having this problem ever since i moved to my new house two weeks ago. At my old place, my pc was connected to my router via a network cable so everything was fine and dandy. However, at my new place, using a network cable is just not possible so i have to use a wireless usb adapter to connect. I bought a TP-Link Wireless N USB Adapter (model TL-WN727N) and i just can't get it installed.  I first  installed the software using the resource cd that came with the product then connected the wireless adapter to my usb port at the back of the pc. It detects the device just fine but when it wants to install the driver this message appears " An error occurred during the installation of the device. Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service". When i open my Device Manager, there's a yellow exclamation mark under Network adapters - 802.11 n WLAN. When in this window, i have tried to:  !. update the driver (even downloaded latest driver from TP-Link's website) 2. Disable the device (nothing happens) and 3. Uninstall (which i can't because another message "Failed to uninstall the device. The device may be required to boot up the computer" appears). All three failed to install my wireless adapter. I'm at wits end here so any help is greatly appreciated.

My PC specs:

AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 245
2.95 GHz, 3.25GB RAM
Windows XP Professional version 2002
Service pack 3

Thanks in advance.

regards
gaz 
Answer
Answer
Tried T-Link support yet?  http://www.tp-link.com/en/support/contact/
-----
LemP
Volunteer Moderator
MS MVP (Windows Desktop Experience) 2006-2009
Microsoft Community Contributor (MCC) 2011-2012

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 3, 2020 Views 3,538 Applies to: