Unable to connect to Wireless Network, error message "Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed. Renewing your IP address."

Original Title: Cannot connect to wireless network 

Cannot connect to wireless network from Toshiba Satellite A105  through PC running Windows 7.  "Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed. Renewing your IP address."  Running Windows XP SP2, IE File 8.00.6001.18702, I think Version 3.  This was installed from a disc provided by Microsoft after old installation became corrupt (at direction of Microsoft tech support.)  Prior to this, wireless network worked fine.   (So cannot connect to Internet for updates.)   Have tried changing other settings and gotten different messages when it SHOWS I am connected but unable to connect due to something to do with certificate.  Can't recall all I have done to try to fix this problem over the past few days.

I should have added that I tried solutions from the previous forum on this subject, and none worked.

Question Info

Last updated April 25, 2019 Views 18,850 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi Marilynnla,

Sorry to hear about the bad experience you are facing. Lets see if the network issue can somehow be checked.

Check out this article and follow the suggested steps. Lets see if this helps in any way.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.