Three computers networked fine then suddenly the error message ". . . Contact the Administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. Not enough server storage is available to process this commend"

I had a network that was working just fine using three computers 2 running Windows XP Pro and 1 Windows XP Home. Suddenly the network just stopped allowing for some communications giving the above error message (I've got another thread addressing this with XP to Vista computers). The Main computer with XP Pro I'll call A, the Second computer with XP Pro I'll call B and third with XP Home will be C. All computers could share files and printers then without any changes made to the system the following occurred:

A can access documents and printers on B and C

B CANNOT access documents or printers on A but CAN access documents and printers on C

C CANNOT access documents on A but CAN Access printer on A, and CAN access documents and printers on B

When the access is denied the following error message appears:
"\\A\My Documents is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the Administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. Not enough server storage is available to process this command." (with \\A\ being the computer that I am trying to access)

As I said the accessing of all computers over this network was working just fine a week ago and there have been absolutely no changes made to the network. I've verified the following

1. Workgroup name on all computers are the same
2. File and printer sharing is turned on for all computers.
3. All computers can been seen from each one of the computers its just the access is denied in some cases.

The firewall that is running on all three machines is AVG and there have been no changes to that in the past week but I have verified that sharing is permitted.

I've even tried to run the Network Setup Wizard on all the computers again to see if that works but the exact same access problems occur after doing this.

I've encountered this problem now THREE times. I can't believe that I am the only one who is having this problem and I can't believe that there isn't some solution to it. None of the Microsoft documentation has even a hint of a solution for this specific problem.

I need a solution to this as its completely shutting down the network at my Church and they can't afford to buy printers and such for each one of their computers.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden" /> <!-- Session data--><input id="jsProxy" onclick="jsCall();" type="hidden" /> <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!-- Session data--></input> <input id="jsProxy" onclick="jsCall();" type="hidden" /><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!-- Session data--></input> <input id="jsProxy" onclick="jsCall();" type="hidden" /><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!-- Session data--></input> <input id="jsProxy" onclick="jsCall();" type="hidden" />
Answer
Answer
This articles instructions worked for all three networks that were encountering the problem. In all cases the Windows XP computer that was not accessible didn't even have the IRPStackSize listed in the Registry. One important thing: When I setup the IRPStackSize, I started with 15 as the number per the instructions, however, I had to increase to 18 to actually get the error message to go away and allow access. Thanks the problem is resolved.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
That error message is misleading. See the Microsoft Knowledge Base article Antivirus Software May Cause Event ID 2011 for a likely solution, specifying a value of 15 for IRPStackSize on computer A.

Boulder Computer Maven
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
Steve Winograd

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 30, 2019 Views 6,681 Applies to: